Sunday, August 8, 2010

On Being Totally Wrong

[Mild spoilers for Legend of Korra]

THAT'S IT!  EVERYBODY DIES!

Apparently, Bumi is not the norm.

In regards to age, that is.  I think we all knew that Bumi wasn't the norm in terms of just about everything already, though.

It'd have been interesting to see some of the original characters outside of flashbacks, but it's probably for the best that we're getting this spoiler so early on.  I'd hate to have expected them to show up and then have it not happen.  Looks like your wish is probably not going to be granted, though, Mr. Flask.  I'd still  be shocked if we don't get at *least* one flashback to the original cast.

-Stormshrug

3 comments:

  1. I also noticed that the number of years has either been bumped from 70 to 75 or someone made a mistake.

    One thing to keep in mind, though, is that technically, this could be a CLEVER RUSE, because being dead doesn't *necessarily* mean that you don't get screentime in the Avatar-verse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on this one, Stormshrug. I hold out hope that they'll have at least one person from the last generation (I predict Toph to carry on the Bumi tradition).

    I'm not entirely bummed either, though. A fresh slate leaves so many roles to be filled, and we all know that if there are two things that writing staff can do, they are subtle foreshadowing and writing memorable characters. It will be nice for the new characters not to be overshadowed by the old ones (I hope).

    Good thing though: it's only 12 parts, but the interview suggested being open for more. *Cautious optimism*

    ReplyDelete